We had a GREAT week - started off on St. Patty's for a hike/bike/wagon ride with Angie and the kids at lake Grapevine, followed by a picnic. We had a ball, and Anika's wagon can totally go off road. :)
Friday - we left for the Far Far Away campground of Lake Lewisville. I have never been to Lake Lewsville:
A. Not drinking
B. Not on a boat
C. Not in party cove at a tie up
D. All of the above
And the answer is ................... D!
We met Kevin, Candie, Ashley, Riley, Canyon and Cousin Nathan just as they were about to walk down to the lake - they grabbed Anika -and headed off - which allowed Jeff and I some time to put our brand spankin' new ginormous tent with a screened in front porch up. Seriously. A porch. It rocks. We spent the day up and down to the lakeshore - running through the woods, cooking outside, kids watching movies inside, playing with dogs, and in general - a whole lot of relaxing, basic, fun. We only spent one night - because Jeff had to work on Sunday - but that one night - The Novak Three all crashed in a tent......OUTSIDE. Anika emphasizes the OUTSIDE part, so I thought I would. Not a peep or a whimper from our exhausted monkey - she slept like a champ - and her little furnace like body kept me warm all nght. Jeff MAY have gotten shoved off the AeroBed a time or two - but I attribute that to him taking up as much space as Anika and I together. :) Woke up Saturday morning - made a huge breakfast - and spent another day just like the day before. It. Was. Awesome. And don't panic - the adults did tip a few beers Friday night - we haven't gotten THAT boring.
Ah - a far cry from those rambunctious younger years spent whooping it up on some foreign beach....no, wait. I wasn't THAT much younger....that was like 5 years ago. Sigh.
Pictures....

2 comments:
What professional helped you...Dang..It looks great!!!!
Remember the days...dang!!!
LOL Jeff in a tree - imagine that.
Your bloggy looks fabulous!!!!!
Love you Riner.
Post a Comment