Monday, June 2, 2008

Sigh

I am whipped. Had my surgery on the 22nd - went really well. Doc said that the second they shaved the disc he could see my sciatic nerve adjust. There was MAJOR pressure. Again - they pondered how I walked around for 6 months like that. Must be the Viking in me. Ha.
Anyway - I've been a better post op patient this time around, Mom has been here almost nonstop, Jeff has kept Anika busy busy, and Anika has been very sweet. She comes to me and says "Don't pick me up Mommy. I climb in your lap....okay?", and "Mommy? Your back feel better today? Let me kiss it.". She's funny. And spouting off all these things we must say on a daily basis, and don't realize. The latest is listing three or four things she would like to do, tilting her head at us and saying "That sound like a good idea to you?".
The last three days - we have been swimming. Friday and Sunday were spent at Mormor's pool, Saturday at the gym. She will stay in the water nonstop for two hours, then come home and nap for three. IT ROCKS. She has gotten quite good at swimming, her daddy really did an amazing job. She wears a Speedo life vest, and will pretty much tip into swimming position and kick her feet and stick her face under water. She leaps off the side of the pool, comes up and says "Kick Kick Kick - swim to the side". I think it is going to be a great summer - lots of time spent at the pool. Assuming I make a full recovery.
Anika doesn't understand the concept of "summer vacation" - she is very concerned that she hasn't been to school in two weeks. She misses her "school" friends. Thank God for friends, family and the gym - she loves "hanging out with kids.".
Anyway - life has definitely slowed down...but I'm assuming that's a good thing. Otherwise - I might be in a full body cast.
Oh! We had another milestone. The Sunday after my surgery, Jeff and Anika went to Lake Lewisvile for the tie up in Party Cove....oh no, wait....that was 10 years ago, and me, not Anika. But seriously - they went to Lake Lewisville to visit Kevin and Candie who were camping in their awesome 5th wheel with their kids. They left at about 1030am. At about 4 - Jeff calls and says that Kevin and Candie have suggested he and Anika spend the night since she was having a blast - even going without a nap. Now. I have spent the night away from home several times without Anika. And several times without Jeff. But NEVER have I been home, and my sweet little Pea has not. I balked - but then said "There's a first for everything.....". So they stayed, and Anika crashed out with the kids in their bunkroom at 10pm. She and her daddy got up at the crack of dawn Monday and drove home because Jeff had to work. He carried my drowsy little lake rat into our room where she promptly passed out for 3 more hours. But she had a ball. And no meltdowns. *Sniffle* My baby is growing up.
Sorry this post is boring and "Anika - centric" - but...well....Jeff and I are boring. ;)
Hope all is well with everyone. Here's some pictures....

Here is Anika in the morning with her all time favorite breakfast....blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple. Note to other moms - if your toddler develops an affinity for pineapple....keep prune juice on hand - it's constipating. LOL.

Me....in Montreal - at my club.


Anika making pizza.
Carry On.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

SIGH

So glad to hear you are feeling better! I miss you.

Leaving for Nebraska Wednesday! I will call you tomorrow. I am a slacker friend.

T- said...

Your hair looks GREAT! Love and miss you. Glad you are feeling better!

Junie B said...

I am thrilled to hear that everything went so well with the surgery and that you have a speedylicious recovery!

Maybe you have a future olympian in your midst!!

Sheila said...

The pizza pic looks like MiniRiner... :)

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Bohemia" kit.