It seems like it's been forever since Jeff and I have both been home on a Saturday when the weather is nice. Got up at about 630, read the paper, had some coffee and waited for the wee one to get up. She woke up at about 730, snuggly as could be. We had some juice and O's, watched Tigger and Pooh, and then she decided it was time to wake Daddy. She loves to climb on the bed and smother him with hugs and kisses. There is NO better way to wake up, trust me.
We all had some breakfast, and decided to head outside. Recent winds blew down our fence in the backyard, and we needed to clean it up. Got out the bubbles and the chalk, and set out.
Daddy did the hard stuff, and Anika and I bounced back and forth from helping him to drawing and playing with bubbles. I know this does not sound like a ton of fun, but here is what made it special. Anika really did help. And we could do stuff while she amused herself in the driveway. It's like a milestone to me. She is getting so big, and so fun, and so manageable. We worked all morning, came inside and fixed lunch, ate together, and now she is napping. When she gets up, she and Daddy will head to the gym to swim, and I will clean house. While this is a very mundane sounding day, right now it is making me ridiculously content. Sure, life has changed, but we definitely traded up. I love our life, and our family. Hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:
Cute! Love it when you are a frequent blogger! :)
dawww....Karina.. :)Loveeeeeeeee it!!!
This post made my otherwise crappy ass day something other than crappy.
Oh how I miss you Karina.
Post a Comment