Thursday, August 9, 2007

Wow.


So apparently, all my technical exertion yesterday really taxed me. I am now one week post microdiskectomy (sp?), and hurting quite badly. When I spoke with my surgeon's nurse the day after surgery - she said, and I quote, "Jesus Karina, you should have SEEN the size of the thing we pulled out of your back. It had arms, legs, and a face. We named it. How on earth were you walking around with that grinding on your sciatic nerve?!". Yep - I am a tough old bird. But now, I am a whiny baby. Sniffle. And while I did this so I could be a complete mommy to the peanut, right now it is killing both of us. She wants so badly for me to pick her up, and I can't. So she compromises and scales wherever I am sitting and plops herself in my lap. She lifts the back of my shirt, and kisses Mommy's "bobo". She is, in short, the sweetest damn thing on earth. Jeffe and my mom have been lifesavers. Mom has been here every day this week, taking on all my daily chores as well entertaining the peanut. I would be lost without the two of them.

I have my one week post op tomorrow, and I hope that they tell me that the radiculopathy in my left leg will soon go away. Because it hurts like the dickens. That's right, I said dickens.

I am scheduled to return to work next Friday, and that could prove interesting. It's a pretty physical job. Blah.

Anyway - we are also scheduled for a jaunt to Mexico on the 23rd. THAT - I am looking forward to.

Anika has started loving her baby dolls. She has two that my mom has gotten her. She feeds them, gives them binkys, reads to them at night and insists on diaper changes coinciding with hers. It's pretty sweet. I'll post some pictures of that soon. In the meantime - This one is how serious she can be at Gymboree.
I'm going to need Jess to tell me how I can make the picture at the end of the post. Sheesh.
Hope everyone is well.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

The pics at the end of the post? LOL Blogger can be so challenging! I'm really not kidding! I usually post the pic first, knowing that it will move down when I type. But yeah, it took a lot of cutting, copying and pasting for me to get the hang of it!

At least now it is easy to post pictures. BEFORE, you had to copy and paste HTML CODE!

Jessica said...

Oh wait. Scratch that. It doesn't just move down, unless you post another picture, delete the second, and then have room to type.

yeah, annoying

Junie B said...

when in blogger switch from Compose to HTML there where you are actually doing your posting. post your pictures, then you can copy and paste to coincide with your text.

also if you are going to post more than one pic, whatever one you want on the bottom, post first, and so forth. You probably already knew this.

I just re-read this and it really makes no sense, but whatever.

Miss ya!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Bohemia" kit.