Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Greetings and salutations


After seeing the diligence with which our friend Jessica maintains her family blog, updates, photos, videos, etc....I decided to give it a shot. I have a lot of time to spend on the PC seeing as how I am laid up from back surgery 5 days ago. I will do my best to keep you updated with everything that goes on in our wonderfully chaotic lives. The main characters are as follows:

Jeff - Father, husband, and Fort Worth Fire Captain extrordinaire. The patriarch of our family, the problem solver, the goofy daddy, the serious health and safety officer. Let's face it - pretty much the breadwinner and the glue.

Karina - That's me. Geriatric mother of one, wonder wife, MidLife career starter (RN), Holly Homemaker (riiiiiiight), and grocery shopper.

Anika Marie- As of this writing - the 19 month old spitfire that came into our lives 2 days after Christmas in 2005. The precious one who turned our lives upside down and opened parts of our hearts we did not know existed. The little girl who makes us laugh and cry, and celebrate dirty diapers.

There will often be other characters, who will be introduced as they are needed. Do our lives merit public display? Nah. We're boring. But I am also thinking of this as an online diary for Anika. Something she can read when she gets older. Therefore - there will be some censorship - although since becoming parents, we are far less censor worthy. ;)

Welcome to our cozy world in the booming metropolis of Colleyville Texas. Hope we don't bore you too much.

4 comments:

Rain said...

I love your boring family!! I hope you are feeling better--I was really sad that I didn't get to see you Saturday night, but I was happy at the same time that you might finally get some relief!! You know, present sacrifice for future gains...(my world is all about economics these days, it sucks).

I love you!!!!!

Sheila said...

well-YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about seeing some of my bday party pictures now...ehhh hemm!!!

Love the Ani pic!!!!

Jessica said...

Hi darlin! YAY! Love your blog! We are blogging soulmates! :)

Karina said...

Whoo hoo! Soon to be Pina Colada sippin soulmates! Twoo weeks! Dos semanas!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Bohemia" kit.