Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A rant, a vent, call it what you will

Did you know that having a bad day is forbidden? That bluntly stating an emotion is a no - no?
That getting so incredibly frustrated at the limitations placed on you by life circumstance is inexcusable? Me either.
So here is my open apology. If any of the following apply to you, take it to heart. If not - stop reading.

I am sorry.....
...that I had a bad day
...that I am selfish
...that I am a crappy friend
...that I am almost 40, married with a child, and limited flexibility
...that my job, although part time, is way more taxing physically and emotionally than most
...that sometimes, I throw in the towel rather than fight
...that I am slowly realizing just who matters, and why

HOWEVER

I am NOT sorry.....
...that I had a bad day
...that I am selfish
...that my family comes first and foremost
...that when reciprocrated, I will move mountains
...that I want reciprocation for mountain moving
...that I can no longer drop everything and party all night without dire consequences
...that I don't really give a crap who has what anymore - money can't buy happiness
...that I love my kid, husband, mom, and friends with my entire being
...that loving like that leaves me wide open

Thank you, and good night.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like this rant. Amen, sister!

Sarah Griffin said...

I always feel better after a rant. Hope you do!

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Bohemia" kit.