Tuesday, June 2, 2009

There was a time....

....when Jeffe and I looked like this.....


Hard to believe....no? We will be reliving our Wet n Wild glory days this Saturday night in Dallas. That's right - we are having a Wet n Wild reunion. Over 100 people who worked at the park (s) (meaning Arlington and Garland) from 1985 to 2002 ish will be gathering en masse at the Gingerman in Dallas. No job will ever be as awesome as those days. This was when the park was still privately owned by one George S. Millay - Vietnam vet extraordinaire who would visit the park, sit on one of the upper shade structures, and polish off a liter of vodka. We had more fun than should be allowed, and as underage drinkers, were protected by one of our bosses who also happened to be an Arlington cop. Jeff spent many years working "security" in the off season - which translated into late night cavorting in the park. And of course that is where I met Jeff. In 1986. Like - 23 years ago 1986. Holy crap. Anyway - I am insanely excited about this get together. There is even talk of going to some fundraiser at the Starck Club at some point. We spent alot of time there, too. Being responsible adults, Jeffe and I have booked a room at Hotel ZaZa with several other WnW folks. All I can say is - look out Dallas. Crazy things happen when these people get together! :)

BTW - that picture above is from one of our Moon on the Nile parties that we had for a couple of years - in the vein of sorority/frat parties. Jeffe and I made those togas.

No comments:

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Bohemia" kit.